Recipe Source: Blog
Made : September 5, 2013
1/2 cup butter, softened but still chilled.
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp hot water
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups white chocolate chips
4 oz macadamia nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a standard mixer, beat the butter and shortening together until well mixed and smooth.
3. Add the brown sugar and sugar. Beat for 1-2 minutes, until nearly creamy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time and mixing in between additions.
5. Dissolve the baking soda in the tablespoon of water. Add both the baking soda and the vanilla to the mixer and mix well. Mix in the salt.6. Add the flour and mix until dough forms.
7. Mix in the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts using a wooden spoon or spatula.
8. Scoop dough by heaping tablespoons onto a parchment lined or silicon lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are golden brown. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely
Thoughts: These cookies were incredible!
Verdict: Make again? Yes!