Friday, June 1, 2012

#21 | Put Flowers on the Graves of my Deceased Family Members


I've been lucky I've never had to do this before.  But, I guess there is a first for everything.

When I was a kid, memorial day weekend was just another day off of school.
It never really had a meaning....

Until the year my dad was diagnosed with cancer.  That is when my life changed forever.

And this year, as we crossed the two year anniversary of dad's diagnosis, memorial day weekend had an even greater meaning.  It was the first year that I had an immediate family member to visit at a cemetery.

But instead of having one, I had three to visit.

One who fought honorably for our country in WWII.
One who left our lives too early.
One who was great man and who loved his family deeply.

All three were people who impacted my life greatly.
And they will be missed forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment!