Thursday, August 2, 2012

#65 | Play Bingo

July 6, 2012

To some of you, this project may seem petty... strange... pointless....

But this is why I do projects like these.

They motivate me.
The force me to not only do something, but to document it too.
To capture a moment of my life forever.

When I started this project in May, I added 'play bingo' because I wanted to do something for my grandma.  Her heath started to decline and we were forced to move her into a nursing home.
She was unhappy and I wanted to do something to cheer her up, to give her something to look forward to.

Little did I know this would be one of the last things we would ever do... if not the last thing.
I don't remember if I saw her after this.  I got sick and couldn't do much for a week.  And then she passed the week after that.  If I did see her, it was one of those short gatherings where mom and I dropped some things off for her, chit-chatted for a little bit, and then left.  But I honestly don't remember.

What I do remember is this day.  It didn't go quite as planned.  We rushed to make it to the game, we played a few rounds and then she got tired.

But there was some laughter.  A memory created.  And I made sure we got a photo.  Not just for this project, but to remember her all the way up to the end.

And I'm so glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day and leave me a comment!