Recipe Source: Pinterest
Made : January 5, 2014
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cup heavy cream, half and half, or milk
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of ground nutmeg
pinch of salt
6 slices (1 inch thick) bread, preferably day old
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
pure maple syrup, for serving
1. Whisk together, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt into a medium bowl; set aside.
2. Place bread in a shallow baking dish large enough to hold bread slices in a single layer. Pour egg mixture over break; soak 10 minutes.
3. Turn slices over, soak until soaked through, about 10 minutes more.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
5. Fry bread slices until golden brown.
6. Serve warm with syrup and powdered sugar.
Thoughts: It was good, but still needs some tweaking.
Verdict: Make again? Probably.