Thursday, October 18, 2012

#14 | Buy a new phone



I am not a person who upgrades my phone every 2 years when my contract is up.  I think I’m about the only one that does that (minus my parents) and almost definitely sure I am the only person in my age group that does this.  I have a hard time buying a new phone when the one I have is in great condition.  I’ve had a cell phone for nine years and have only owned 3 phones through out that time frame.

The last phone I got was an iPhone 3 back in 2009.  Unfortunately, 3 months after I bought this, the new 3s came out.  Naturally, I would have waited except my razr died, as in wouldn’t turn on even with a new battery.  I had this baby for 4 years, so I guess it was bound to do that eventually.  

I started having issues with my 3 and was ready to buy a new phone last year, but was upset when they came out with the 4s, so I waited.  Again.  (I had my heart set on the iPhone 5.)

A few days after the iPhone 5 was announced, I bought a case and then the day it was released I pulled mom to the AT&T store in search of one.  (I didn’t have my hopes high on bringing one home that day, but it was worth a try.)  They did not have the one I wanted in stock, but I placed an order and bought my new phone.  And mom got one too!  (She is upgrading from a Razr.)

Can’t wait for it to arrive on my doorstep!

12 of 101
Completed: September 21, 2012
Received: October 18, 2012

2 comments:

  1. So how’s the iphone 5 doing? I hope you’re enjoying the apps! I admire people like you who have self-control over matters like these. I have the same philosophy too because I’ve had my music phone for 6 years, and it served me well up until last year. That was the only time that I considered buying a new phone that would last for another couple of years.

    Joanna Daniels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! This phone is so much faster and I can do a lot more with it than my old phone. It was definitely worth the wait!

      Delete

Make my day and leave me a comment!