Recipe Source: The Larson Lingo Blog
4-6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
3/4 cup Bread Crumbs, Italian Style
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 t Italian Seasoning
1/2 t Salt
1/2 t pepper
1 egg, beaten
1-2 T olive oil
Mozzarella cheese, sliced
Jar of your favorite Marinara Sauce
1. At the bottom of your Crock Pot, spread 1-2 T Olive Oil.
2. In a bowl, mix bread crumbs, both types of Parmesan Cheese, Italian Seasoning, Salt & Pepper.
3. In a separate bowl, beat your egg. Then, dip one chicken breast in the egg. After the chicken breast is dipped in the egg, coat the chicken with the dry mixture. After you coat each Chicken breast, place in Crock Pot.
4. Slice up your Mozzarella Cheese. Place 2 slices of cheese on each Chicken Breast.
5. Then, dump the entire jar of Marinara Sauce over the Chicken.
6. Cover & Cook in your Crock Pot on Low for 6-8 hours OR on High for 3-4 hours.
7. Serve with over your favorite Pasta. I always use Spaghetti noodles with Chicken Parmesan. I always serve my Chicken Parmesan with Fresh Spinach. Then you don't have to make a salad ;)
8. I add my cooked noodles to a bowl: Then, I sprinkle some fresh Spinach on
(Feel free to skip this step!!!) Add a piece of the Chicken Parmesan to the top. I always scoop out extra sauce. Then, I sprinkle with a little more parmesan cheese.
Super easy to make. Surprisingly I think dad liked it better than me and mom. I think I prefer to have the chicken baked when having chicken parmesan.
Verdict: Make again? Yes. I think I might have over cooked it a little. I cooked it for 4 hours on high. Next time I try to stay closer to 3 hours.