Tuesday, June 11, 2013
40 Recipes : Hazelnut Butter Cookies
Recipe Source: St. Joseph Junior League Cookbook
Made : May 31, 2013
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
1 cup butter
1 cup finely chopped toasted hazelnuts
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add butter and cut in until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add chopped nuts, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla, and mix until smooth dough forms.
3. Shape into 1 inch balls. Place on a cookie sheet and press with back of fort in a crisscross pattern to form 1/4 inch thick cookies.
4. Bake cookies until a pale golden brown, about 15 minutes.
5. Cool and roll cookies in powdered sugar.
Thoughts: Really good. Very similar to a holiday cookie we make.
Make again? Absolutely. We've already made them again.